Friday 16 February 2018

Who needs a watch? ..














It's been raining most of the week. The garden is a mud bath and there are now not one, but two leaks in our ancient red tiled roof. And do you know what? I love it! I love the fact that I still feel like I'm on holiday. This weekend marks five months since we moved over to France, and we're really getting into it now. Our chickens are laying two, sometimes three eggs a day (Omelette anyone?), we've given up on ironing our clothes and my kinetic wristwatch - which relies on movement to wind itself up - has stopped. I haven't worn it in weeks ..

More importantly, I'm really getting the time to do the things I want. I've decided to re-edit my book - The Boy who missed Next Year - and I'm putting together a Slide Show (Sorry, still can't stop calling them that!) that I'll be giving soon at our local community hall. I once went round the world with my little doll Minnie - that's her in Tahiti - featuring her in hundreds of shots as we journeyed around together. I thought it was about time her shots had a showing. Happy holidays ..

Technical PS: The pictures of Minnie are actually slides. Shot in the early 90s, I got through about 150 rolls of Kodachrome 64 using just one Nikon FM and two lenses.





No comments:

Post a Comment