Wednesday 16 August 2017

Styled ..













I feel like I should issue a warning to all you prospective brides out there ..

As a subscriber to several Wedding Blog sites, I find I'm constantly being invited to view various "beautiful styled shoots" and "delightful summer/spring/winter (delete depending on the time of year you're reading this ..) styled Wedding shoots" .. and I shake my head and sigh ..

The clue is in the words. They're 'Styled Shoots' .. not real Weddings! All those lovely photographs are from specifically organised photo-sessions involving models, stylists and suppliers fussing over their products to make sure they're seen in the best light. They're unrushed and shot on sunny days without one single pesky guest wandering through the background ..

So I'm just saying, next time you like the look of a particular photographer's work, check out their 'real' weddings as well. Make sure they can handle the required speed, pressure and pace of a 'real' Wedding, when it might be raining, when 15 minutes might be all they get to shoot everything and when the bride and groom aren't sophisticated models but two delighted people who just want to meet their guests and get on with their Big Day ..

Just saying ..
 

No comments:

Post a Comment