Monday 10 April 2017

Number One Fan ..


















I was looking at gig listings in the Sunday 'paper yesterday, checking out tours coming up later in the year, when I was suddenly struck by a thought. I won't be here! I'll be living in France by the Autumn. Oh wow, how exciting. Having said that, there's absolutely no-one I want to go and see any more and, even if I did, I wouldn't be able to enjoy them like I show in my archive shot, leaning right on the stage with my ear-'oles shoved into the speakers! I know it's a generational thing but I haven't heard of most of the 'stars' listed in the 'paper anyway and I had a taste of how 'out of touch' I am when I shot the Food-Eating contest at The Trafford Centre last Thursday. When I got home I tweeted a photograph of one of the organisers, a young actor called Danny Miller. Now, lovely lad that he is, and no disrespect to Danny, but I'd never heard of him until last week. I had to have him pointed out to me as someone I needed to photograph. Well it shows you what I know 'cos the image began to get hits and shares as soon as I tweeted it and, by this morning, it had had - let me check - 8,465 hits. The most I've ever had for a tweet. (Out of curiosity I waited for a moment after I typed that and that number rose by another three hits.) He might be a stranger to me but he sure as hell has a lot of fans out there. Perhaps I should join their ranks. Get with the programme, grandad ..

Ps: The programme? Emmerdale .. but then you knew that already, didn't you?

Stop Press: 4pm Tuesday .. now 8,888 hits! Dey like dat boy ...

No comments:

Post a Comment