Thursday 27 October 2016

No country for old men ..












I'm being put in an old folks' home today. Man, I hope I get out alright! I am, of course, only going to take PR photographs - I'm shooting a new brochure for a Sheltered Housing scheme near Preston - but the way, at 56 years old, that I'm bombarded by 'old person' spam you'd think I was about to hang up my camera for good ..

'Cash your pension'; Try this new Walk-In bath'; join this leisure cruise for the over 55s; take this new arthritic joint supplement ...

Just eff off will ya! I'm 56, not 76! I've already been playing the UK Subs on iTunes this morning, for goodness sake!..

Truth be told, I like being this 'old'. I feel I've done stuff. I feel I know stuff, and I sure as hell know I've got lots 'left in me' .. as they say. I just spend a bit more on Deep Heat. That's all!...

*Today's picture is another from my archive - taken when I was 'young'! I was tempted to put it on Facebook, captioned 'Two more children escape from the Calais jungle ' .. but I didn't!

No comments:

Post a Comment