Monday 10 June 2013

You snooze, you lose..














I managed to go to a gig on Friday night .. and miss the band I'd gone to see! Farewell, Meat Puppets, I hear you were great! Alright, I'm being a bit hard on myself here because, knowing that the band we wanted to see were the support, me and my pals did get to the gig by eight thirty pm but, by then, the lads'd already played and packed up and we were left to put ourselves through the boredom of three Mudhoney tracks before we called it a day ourselves and went off to drown our sorrows! Aaaagh!!! How annoying! How frustrating! How bloody crazy that a gig at what we still think of as Manchester Uni Students' Union had already put the support band on .. by 8.30!!! I mean, it was Friday night for flip's sake! You'd think the dear students were up for partying 'til at least 11 o'clock! Cripes, I went to see Gary Glitter once (Shhh...!) and even he didn't come on 'til half one in the morning! Sob sob, boo hoo .. I've sulked all weekend and had the mickey taken out of me something rotten! But, as all us good old punks say .. "I don't care!" .... (But I do, and isn't it bonkers that ... oh, shut up Martin!...)

Ahem... and in other news this Monday .. another two Wedding weekend coming up this weekend, and I'm back at two of my favourite venues once again. I'll be at Mere Court on Friday, and good old Willington Hall on Saturday. Now if there's one thing I do freak out about it's being late for a Wedding so, if you'll excuse me .. I'm off to Mere Court. I should definitely be there by Friday...

No comments:

Post a Comment